A Letter from Richard Todd


Mike has very kindly sent in a letter he received from the late actor Richard Todd (1919-2009).

He says:

"I thought you might like to see this thank you letter I got from Richard Todd. As you will see he was very good to reply in a personal way. The card I sent was the original poster [Robin Hood], I added birthday wishes etc which made it a bit special."

I am sure you will all agree that this is yet another example of the genuine warmth and kindness of the great man.







3 comments:

Clement Glen said...

"A Letter from Richard Todd"

Special thanks to Mike!

Trish said...

What a treasure to have!

Neil said...

I know that Mike also painted Richard Todd's cottage in Little Humby around that time. This really is a wonderful keepsake of the man we know to be a British hero in real life and on film. When you look at the actors he appeared with it is like a Whos Who of World Cinema and in real life he seemed to be so well connected. He did live at Little Ponton Nr. Grantham, Lincs for many years before moving a few miles away. It is a lovely area and a pretty unexplored part of Lincolnshire. He regularly attended the Dam Busters Reunion at Woodhall Spa again in Lincolnshire which to anyone not familiar with it really is a lovely leafy small town. Mike and Pauline will I am sure treasure this letter.